This privacy statement governs the manner in which Irish Hereford collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users of the http://www.irishhereford.com website (“Site”).
This privacy statement applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Irish Hereford through the Site.
Irish Hereford respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts, 1988 – 2018 and GDPR 2018.
Information Collected and Security
Irish Hereford Breed Society Ltd only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
Irish Hereford Breed Society Ltd collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other sites accessible from it. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake.
The personal information collected on our contact form on the Irish Hereford Breed Society Ltd website are
The personal information we hold on breeders personal data are
- contact details,
- method of payment,
- animal details
This personal data is held in soft copy with ICBF, Google and Quickbooks and hardcopy in head office.
Use of Information Collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular we use the information for the following:-
- Compliance with legal obligations – retention of credit records as per Finance Acts.
- Contractual necessity – processing of your data is required to fulfill a contract – i.e. to process your membership.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that you may find interesting using the email address you submit to us.
- We may also use your contact information – phone, email or postal address – to contact you for market research purposes.
The information we have will be used to customise the website according to your interests.
Retention of Data
Irish Hereford Breed Society Ltd will hold onto your personal data if you have purchased any of our services, in accordance with the Finance Acts, for 7 years.
Are there cases where we may use your information to contact you?
We may contact you:
- For administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us).
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive such correspondence and updates from Irish Hereford Breed Society Ltd, if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive correspondence.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
This Website Will:
Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
Third Party Web Sites
Mobile Devices & Social Media
Applications developed in connection with the website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Right of Access and How to Contact Us
The Data Controller for these Website and services provided through these Website is Louise Calla, who can be contacted through e-mail: email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the personal data or have any queries regarding our use of personal data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Irish Hereford Breed Society,
This document was last updated on 30th October 2019