Upcoming Shows & Sales 2020
Autumn Society (Sales only – No Shows)
- Kilmallock: Friday October 23rd – (27 Bulls) – Kilmallock Autumn Sale 2020 CATALOGUE
Buyers of the top five highest priced bulls will each receive a €200 voucher towards the purchase of their bull from Irish Hereford Prime.
Autumn Sale Guidelines
- Full outline of guideline & restrictions will be outlined here on Thursday 22nc October – the sale may go fully online!
- There will be NO washing or drying of animals permitted in the mart!
- All Bulls & Heifers will be checked in between 8:30am & 11:30am.
- Stock can be viewed in their pens between 11:30am & 1pm.
- The Sale will begin at 1pm.
- All potential buyers should register in the mart office in advance of the sale.
- Sellers must stay in their pens with their stock until their lot is next in line for sale to avoid queues around the weigh bridge & congestion with animals moving in and out of the sales ring.
- Online Bidding will be available for both sales – please contact either mart in advance of the sale to set up an account & we recommend registering as early as possible prior to the day of the sale;
- GVM Kilmallock – 063 98555
- Masks must be worn at all times & social distancing must be maintained at a distance of 2 Metres.
In light of current restrictions we ask that only persons buying and/or selling attend each sale please. Spectators can view the full sale at https://www.livestock-live.com/.
All of the above guidelines are subject to change should there be further restrictions or guidance from the Government between now & the day of sale.
Special Sales 2020
- Coisceam Herefords Dispersal Sale: Kanturk Mart – Tuesday October 27th – Coiseceam Hereford Dispersal Herd CATALOGUE.
- Tullamaine Herefords Dispersal Sale: Cashel Mart – Date to be confirmed.
National Hereford Virtual Calf Show 2020
Entries to be submitted via https://nationalherefordcalfshow.ie/ – Entries close on 26th October.
From Conception To Consumption You Can Rely On Hereford. Beef with the “Wow” factor
The Irish Hereford Breed Society provides all the information you need on the Hereford Cattle Breed in Ireland, including the latest news, and latest information on shows and sales.
Top four reasons to pick Hereford
- Increase your profits
- Ease your Workload
- Ideal Carcass Size
- Sell livestock at a premium price.
If those four reasons sound good to you, Irish Hereford is the breed of cattle you are looking for. Hereford will give you excellent meat quality, easy calving ability, good fertility, adaptability and excellent temperament, so if you are not already the proud owner, see all the reasons to choose the Hereford breed on Why Choose Hereford? and watch our video below.
Hereford cattle breeders through the Irish Hereford Breed society have won many awards and accolades for its high quality product, including the world’s best steak award and the more recent win by Certified Premium Hereford Irish Beef at the Great Taste Awards. Check out Certified Irish Hereford Beef and Irish Hereford Prime for all the information you need and some great recipes from our partner Lidl.
Hereford cattle have earned a reputation for reliability, docility, fertility ease of calving, and the efficient conversion of grass to red meat. It is one of the most efficient beef production units on the globe.
The black Hereford Friesian calf has been a market leader without parallel for decades. At any stage in his growth a Hereford cross Friesian animal is saleable at a premium price. No other breed can compete as a crossing sire with the Hereford. See our Irish Hereford Dairy Brochure to get the facts as to why Irish Hereford is also an ideal choice for dairy farmers.
view our online video: