The Society phone service is open between the hours of 9.30am and 1pm daily, Monday to Friday to ensure queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
The Society can as always be contacted via e-mail at any time (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Top Quality HEREFORD BULLS are for sale privately from breeders nationwide: Check them out here!
Hereford National Show 2020
- Tullamore Show & FBD National Livestock Show: Sunday 9th August- CANCELLED
Spring Society Shows & Sales 2020
- Premier Spring Show & Sale Tullamore: Saturday March 28th – Tullamore Premier Spring Sale 2020 Catalogue – CANCELLED
- Bandon: Wednesday April 1st – CANCELLED
- Carrick-on-Shannon: Saturday April 4th –Carrick Multi Breed Online May Sale Catalogue – POSTPONED TO 16TH MAY-CATALOGUE MAY VARY FROM ABOVE.
- Nenagh: Wednesday April 8th – Nenagh April 2020 Show & Sale Catalogue– CANCELLED
- Kilmallock: Friday April 17th – POSTPONED TO 28TH MAY VIA ONLINE.
- Nenagh: Saturday May 16th- CANCELLED
Spring Society Online Sales 2020
- Kilmallock: Thursday May 28th – Kilmallock Online Sale May 2020 Catalogue – Kilmallock Online Sale rules
Special Sales 2020
- Fortfarm Clearance Sale: Kanturk Mart – Tuesday February 4th at 2pm. Clearance Sale – Fortfarm Catalogue
Autumn Society Shows & Sales 2020
- Premier Autumn Show & Sale Tullamore: Saturday October 17th
- Kilmallock: Friday October 23rd
National Hereford Calf Show 2020
- Tullamore – Saturday 21st November
Entries for all sales close one month in advance of sale date
From Conception To Consumption You Can Rely On Hereford. Beef with the “Wow” factor
The Irish Hereford Breed Society provides all the information you need on the Hereford Cattle Breed in Ireland, including the latest news, and latest information on shows and sales.
Top four reasons to pick Hereford
- Increase your profits
- Ease your Workload
- Ideal Carcass Size
- Sell livestock at a premium price.
If those four reasons sound good to you, Irish Hereford is the breed of cattle you are looking for. Hereford will give you excellent meat quality, easy calving ability, good fertility, adaptability and excellent temperament, so if you are not already the proud owner, see all the reasons to choose the Hereford breed on Why Choose Hereford? and watch our video below.
Hereford cattle breeders through the Irish Hereford Breed society have won many awards and accolades for its high quality product, including the world’s best steak award and the more recent win by Certified Premium Hereford Irish Beef at the Great Taste Awards. Check out Certified Irish Hereford Beef and Irish Hereford Prime for all the information you need and some great recipes from our partner Lidl.
Hereford cattle have earned a reputation for reliability, docility, fertility ease of calving, and the efficient conversion of grass to red meat. It is one of the most efficient beef production units on the globe.
The black Hereford Friesian calf has been a market leader without parallel for decades. At any stage in his growth a Hereford cross Friesian animal is saleable at a premium price. No other breed can compete as a crossing sire with the Hereford. See our Irish Hereford Dairy Brochure to get the facts as to why Irish Hereford is also an ideal choice for dairy farmers.
view our online video: