Win 1 of 4 places to represent Ireland in the Young Breeders’ Competition at the World Hereford Conference in New Zealand in March 2020 with the Irish Hereford Breed Society, in collaboration with Slaney Foods International and LIDL Ireland. Please check our Press Release for full details. Keep an eye on our Competitions page to check out our 10 finalists and for updates on the competition.
Hereford National Show 2019
- Tullamore Show & FBD National Livestock Show: Sunday 11th August
Spring Society Shows & Sales 2019
- Premier Spring Show & Sale Tullamore: Saturday March 30th
- Bandon: Wednesday April 3rd
- Carrick-on-Shannon: Saturday April 6th
- Nenagh: Saturday April 13th
- Kilmallock: Thursday April 18th
- Nenagh: Saturday May 18th
Special Sales 2019
- Elite Genetics Special Sale: Tullamore Mart- Saturday August 31st at 3pm.Elite Sale Catalogue.
- Ballymyrtle Herd Dispersal Sale: Bandon Mart-Saturday September 28th. Ballymartle Herd Dispersal CATALOGUE
Autumn Society Shows & Sales 2019
- Premier Autumn Show & Sale Tullamore: Saturday October 19th
- Kilmallock: Friday October 25th
National Hereford Calf Show 2019
- Tullamore Mart: Sunday 10th November
Entries for all sales close one month in advance of sale date
From Conception To Consumption You Can Rely On Hereford. Beef with the “Wow” factor
The Irish Hereford Breed Society provides all the information you need on the Hereford Cattle Breed in Ireland, including the latest news, and latest information on shows and sales.
Top four reasons to pick Hereford
- Increase your profits
- Ease your Workload
- Ideal Carcass Size
- Sell livestock at a premium price.
If those four reasons sound good to you, Irish Hereford is the breed of cattle you are looking for. Hereford will give you excellent meat quality, easy calving ability, good fertility, adaptability and excellent temperament, so if you are not already the proud owner, see all the reasons to choose the Hereford breed on Why Choose Hereford? and watch our video below.
Hereford cattle breeders through the Irish Hereford Breed society have won many awards and accolades for its high quality product, including the world’s best steak award and the more recent win by Certified Premium Hereford Irish Beef at the Great Taste Awards. Check out Certified Irish Hereford Beef and Irish Hereford Prime for all the information you need and some great recipes from our partner Lidl.
Hereford cattle have earned a reputation for reliability, docility, fertility ease of calving, and the efficient conversion of grass to red meat. It is one of the most efficient beef production units on the globe.
The black Hereford Friesian calf has been a market leader without parallel for decades. At any stage in his growth a Hereford cross Friesian animal is saleable at a premium price. No other breed can compete as a crossing sire with the Hereford. See our Irish Hereford Dairy Brochure to get the facts as to why Irish Hereford is also an ideal choice for dairy farmers.
view our online video: