The Irish Hereford Breed Society are delighted to be able to host a National Hereford Show for 2021. After a traumatic year for many , it was so important to the Society to even attempt to host a semi-normal show for breeders to show off their stock and to crown a National Champion 2021.
The show will be held next Sunday 12th September on the grounds of the Annaharvey Equestrian Centre, Tullamore. The show will begin at 10am, kicking off with the Young Handler classes of which entries will remain open until the day of the show for any young person who wishes to take part on the day. There are 110 entries for the cattle classes.
The event is fully ticketed to ensure compliance with numbers and contact tracing. All tickets are free but MUST be pre-booked via www.itsplainsailing.com/entrytickets . Tickets will be scanned at the gate on entry to the show.
Covid-19 Safety guidelines
All spectators & exhibitors must maintain social distancing guidelines at all times.
Masks must be worn at all times indoors including in the cattle tents.
Exhibitors ONLY are permitted to enter the cattle tents.
There is ample parking on site. Stewards will be there on site to assist parking and attendees are advised to follow the signs.
Guidelines for Exhibitors
- All cattle must be TB tested free & be entered from an unrestricted herd.
- All cattle must be moved to the show officially via agfood.ie or DAFM movement form & a compliance certificate must be generated & printed off – the show number is: S772.
- Please ensure movement compliance certificates are printed off and presented on entry to the show along with valid ID – anyone having issues generating movement certs please contact Louise in the IHBS office.
- Department of Agriculture officials will be on site on the day to help with collecting forms & to oversee the show.
- All zootechnical certificates must also be presented on the morning of the show.
- Exhibitors are allowed on site from 7am and should arrive no later than 11am.
- There will be tents for cattle to be stalled – masks must be worn in the tents & in all indoor areas at all times. Exhibitors only are allowed in the tents.
- There will be no power washing or drying facilities provided. There will be no supply of power on the day. Exhibitors are welcome to bring petrol generators if they wish.
- The cattle will be tied on grass and there will be no straw bedding allowed on site at all. Exhibitors are welcome to bring cow mats if they wish.
- The show will start at 10am with young handler classes – young handler classes entry will open until the day of the show with free entry.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Catalogues & exhibitor numbers will be available on the morning from the cabin where movement compliance certs will be handled.
Looking forward to meeting everyone out and about and wishing everyone the very best of luck on the day.